PASMI MISSION IS TO IMPLEMENT THE HIGHEST SELF-CARE AND SELF-MEDICATION STANDARDS IN POLAND FOR THE BENEFIT OF PATIENTS AND CONSUMERS.
MISSION statement is based on the following key principles:
- Self-medication and self-care have fundamental value in maintaining and protecting the health of consumers/patients.
- Self-medication and self-care are the first steps for conscious consumers/patients to maintain health and combat diseases. With widespread availability of safe over-the-counter products, dietary supplements and medical devices, citizens can satisfy their healthcare needs in the right place, time and form.
- The importance of self-medication and self-care is widely recognized e.g. by EU parliament and national governments, medical and pharmaceutical communities and patients/consumers associations around the world.
- To ensure that self-care and self-medication plays an important role in Polish healthcare system and becomes a fundamental topic in national health policy planning as valuable and cost-effective contributor to the health and well-being of Polish citizens.
- Facilitate the adoption and implementation of sustainable and favorable legal and economic regulations that enable innovation & development of new self-medication and self-care products & services and enhancement of the citizens’ access to products that satisfy their health needs
- Ensure, through self-regulation and best practice framework, that consumers/patients can be well informed about important facts on self-medication and self-care products e.g. through educational initiatives, advertising, presentation in pharmacies or different retail outlets, as well as development of brands that consumers/patients can trust.
- Promote appropriate and ethical marketing, sales and advertising practices.
- Take measures to build a reliable image and reputation of the self-care and self-medication industry in Poland
PASMI achieves these goals by:
- working with broadly-defined healthcare entities, such as government institutions, non-governmental organizations and representatives of the medical, pharmaceutical and scientific community;
- engaging in discussions and active participation in the work of authorities and decision makers drafting new regulations;
- building open and transparent relationships between the industry and government institutions and decision-makers;
- acting as the key spokesperson for, and provider of information on, the self-care industry
- supporting initiatives that help develop the healthcare system and the special position of self-medication within the system;
- developing and communicating evidence-based information on self-care.
- working with European organizations whose goals and tasks are consistent with PASMI’s statutory activities.